Piezo Drivers - Advanced Piezo Drivers enable robust high performance control over both Piezo and other reactive transducers and devices.
TITAN Amplified Piezoelectric
Piezoelectric or Electrostrictive actuators can provide enormous force but are restricted in displacement. As such, applications needing larger displacements need an efficient mechanism for trading some of this large force for a larger ‘amplified’ motion.
Patented TITAN actuators introduce the next generation of Amplified Motion Actuators that provide a superior (Fd) performance in a more compact package size than has been previously available. Based on patented flextensional actuator designs, these linear actuators can deliver up to 12 amplification of the strain (displacement) of the installed (transverse) piezoelectric driver while assuring near-ideal “trade-off” between force and amplified strain (displacement).
TITAN actuator high-performance derives from a novel method of applying a (desirable) pre-compression loading on piezoelectric actuators installed within an optimized corrugation housing; the pre-compression loading acts over the entire excursion (displacement) range of the, one or more, installed piezoelectric actuators. This patented approach ensures longer lifetime and superior performance when compared to all other conventional or mechanical amplified piezoelectric-based actuator designs.
TITAN Series actuators provide a unique high performance in a compact package size to meet many high force plus large displacement needs.
TITAN Technology Advantages & Versatility
Patented TITAN series and its large displacement capable TYPHON series actuators introduce the next generation of Amplified Motion Actuators that provide a superior (Fd) performance in a more compact package size than has been previously available. Fully manufactured and assembled in USA these devices provide exceptional reliability and ruggedness. TITAN series and TYPHON series actuator mechanisms provide a unique set of versatile design advantages that include:
- Corrugated Housing Construction - Non-uniform (‘corrugated’) design improves mechanical efficiency over standard housing designs providing up to 40% more displacement and 25% more force than what standard flextensional designs can deliver.
- Pre-strain Assembly - The unique assembly design provides a desired pre-strain load on the piezoelectric transducer devices and also ensures that these never go into a tension state
- Engineered Center Block - Engineered center block that not only can series/parallel multilayer transducers (e.g. piezoelectric stacks) but that can be incorporated into part of a mechanical system integral to the design that enables transverse disposition of a rod, cable, fiber or active element.
- Transverse Mechanisms - Engineered rod, cable, fiber or active element in conjunction with the center block can enable a new class of electromechanical systems. The transverse assembly passes through the engineered center blocks, housing top and bottom sections and can be free at both ends as in the case of valve or flow controller applications.
- Multicell Construction - Enabling high force and large displacements characteristics of up to ×80 displacement of individual transducer.
- Unique Non-bonded Construction - Enables easy piezo-stack install, removal and replacement.
- Non-adhesive Assembly - Elimination of use of adhesive materials ensures near-zero loss characteristics.
- Transducer Recovery - TITAN and TYPHON integrated piezoelectric devices can easily be recovered for re-use in other applications or re-engineered designs.
TITAN, ATLAS and TYPON devices are available for rapid delivery in standard and custom configurations. Delivery scheduling for standard devices is 6-8 weeks. Please contact our experienced engineering staff for support in evaluating your development or product needs and our sales departments for delivery scheduling.
The unique TITAN, ATLAS, and TYPHON Actuator ability to provide both high force and large displacements has made these actuators ideal for developing piston type controllers for high performance application needs such as automotive engine valve control and medical pump assemblies.
The patented valve controller design utilizes its unique center block and housing arrangement that enables a large range linear motion of an install transverse rod. Depending upon the application requirement, the transverse rod bandwidth can have a bandwidth of many kHz and can provide an up to 240μm displacement. Because of the precision control afforded by piezoelectric mechanisms (voltage control), these transverse piston valve controllers provide precise control of the valve operation.
TITAN Valve Controllers devices can be custom engineered as to support a wide range of form factor, bandwidth and Fd requirements. Please contact our experienced engineering staff for support in evaluating your development or product needs.
QorTek manufactures a wide range of TITAN and TYPHON actuators that are available to meet the different needs in terms of stroke, force and dimensions with fast turn-around delivery. Please contact and talk with our experienced engineers to select the TITAN design that best meets your application requirements.
PIEZO-INJECTOR devices are available in a range of custom configurations. Please contact our experienced engineering staff for support in evaluating your development or product needs and estimated delivery scheduling.
Sales and marketing inquiries 570-322-2700 Ext-14 or email@example.com
Technical support inquiries 570-322-2700 Ext-23 or firstname.lastname@example.org