Piezo Drivers - Advanced Piezo Drivers enable robust high performance control over both Piezo and other reactive transducers and devices.
X-COEUS Macro/Micro Pressure Switches
Developed for the Automotive industry, COUES Intelliplastic®-based sensor technology offers customers a unique new low cost and incredibly rugged solution to provide two-state (“ON”/”OFF”) monitoring of direct pressure loading or other applied force conditions. With a time constant of a few microseconds, these devices provide near-instantaneous detection of an overpressure event.
The elimination of all acquisition and process electronics requirements has enabled QorTek to develop and now offer custom X-COEUS pressure sensitive ‘on/off’ switches that range from macro to micro footprint.
X-COEUS ‘on/off’ switches directly convert pressure into “ON” state or “OFF” state eliminating process electronics as to provide, in many cases substantial, risk reduction and increased reliability.
Available in a wide range of very low profile formats that can be integrated into load paths to monitor (a customer pre-selected) pressure threshold ranging from a few psi to hundreds of psi with many tens of kpsi overload survivability. With a duration lifetime measured in decades, these devices provide an ideal low cost/high reliability solution for enabling install of ‘on/off’ or ‘interrupt’ switches.
Because COUES pressure selective switches conduct only at, or above, (pre-set) threshold pressure these devices normally passively monitor at zero power consumption costs.
Unique COEUS Switch Advantages
- Low Cost
- Fully manufactured and assembled in USA providing exceptional reliability
- Rugged handling compatible
- Rapid delivery
- Normally ‘off’ design (nanowatts for most applications)
- Extraordinarily durable with minimum >30kpsi overload withstand without failure
- No process electronics required to provide strong signal
- Available in low profile pre-packaged format and amenable to non-standard custom fit design requirements
- Easily sized (at no extra cost) to meet footprint constraint
- Large output signal (typically in volts)
- Excellent thermal handling capability
- Pre-packaged requiring only connection to battery or power source
- Available in either flexible or rigid format
- Exceptional s/n ratio
X COEUS range of Intelliplastic®-based Pressure Monitoring Switches are individually configured to customer specification. Typical delivery schedule is 2-3 weeks. Please contact our experienced engineering staff for support in evaluating your development or product needs and estimated delivery scheduling.
Sales and marketing inquiries 570-322-2700 Ext-14 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical support inquiries 570-322-2700 Ext-23 or email@example.com